Wednesday 14 September 2011

Music & Me

Childhood



Busted - You Said No (2003)

Busted were my ultimate favourite band when they first came out, I had both their albums and knew the words to ALL their songs. They were also really funny and had great videos. You Said No is one of my favourites and I remember watching it all the time on the music channels. I was also gutted when I heard that Charlie was leaving the band, causing them to split up. I'm still waiting for a reunion tour... me and my friends would be the first ones there at the front!


Early teens



Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down (2005)

Fall Out Boy were one of the first bands I started listening to when I started to get more into that kind of music around year 8 time, rather than just listening to whatever was on the radio at the time as everyone pretty much did in Primary School. I heard one of their newer songs at the time and started listening to their back catalogue, and this is my favourite song by them and the video is quite funny too. Now they've gone on an unspecified 'hiatus' so this song is a bit nostalgic too as they aren't making any music anymore so to listen to them I have to return to their old songs, and listening to this song just reminds me of when I was 13 or 14 and discovering bands I'd never listened to before, like FOB.




Now

Boys Like Girls - The Great Escape .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Boys Like Girls - The Great Escape (2007)

There are two versions of this song, when they released it as a single they re-recorded it and I really don't like the new version, I don't know why but the backing track is different and it's just not the same! So I chose the original version which is on the album, which is where I heard it. I used to really like Boys Like Girls, I don't listen to them as much anymore but this is still one of my favourite songs as it's just so uplifting and carefree. It's written about graduating from high school so it makes me think of how much freedom we'll all have when we leave school, and how it'll be scary but also exciting and a whole new start... as cheesy as that sounds. It reminds us how it's so easy to just forget everything and live life in the moment rather than worrying all the time and getting stuck in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment