Monday 4 July 2011

Group 2's Lipsync

To practice for the Preliminary Task Shoot at the end of term and for the real coursework project itself, I shot and edited a lipsync to Five's 'Everybody Get Up' along with my group members Charley and Odelia. It was a lot of fun, surprisingly exhausting, and we all got very into it, which was good as it made the finished footage look a lot more realistic and entertaining.
We played around with different shot types, angles and distances to vary it up and we edited in a choppy style, not holding any shot for more than a few seconds to keep the the usual fast-paced style of a music video.
I tried to make sure I sang the words rather than just mimed, but whilst watching the footage back I noticed that some of my lip-syncing doesn't look as realistic as it could, so I learnt something important from this task and would definitely like to get together with some of the other media students to make another video, as everyone would benefit from some more lip-syncing practice.

Although my lip syncing sometimes doesn't look as effective as it should do, that doesn't really matter as the female parts in the Five video don't sing much. I would like to audition to play any of the girls really, but my preference would be clicking fingers girl if I had to choose one.

Here is our final edit:

No comments:

Post a Comment